Sunday, August 25, 2013

$50 Million Reasons A Year Why Perry Marshall Should (Without Working Harder) Get Out Of His Internet Comfort Zone Now!

I was having a conversation with an Entrepreneur I met the other day.

One of the comments I made during our conversation is that we all settle into comfort zones and we usually need a real good kick in the butt or something to shake us out of those comfort zones.  We are all guilty of finding and staying in comfort zones.

When the Internet started it shook me up and it was an absolute seismic shift in my marketing universe.  I seized the shift but didn't dig into the Internet until 26 months ago when I realized that every internet company and consultant I hired was trying to jam me financially, preying on my lack of knowledge.  I started digging in and learning.

One of the advantages I have due to my ADHD is when I decide to focus on something "Katie bar the door"...I will figure it out, it's just an a matter of how long it will take.  This doesn't mean that I'm near as capable on line as Perry Marhsall, Frank Kern, Joe Polish or Eben Pagen all of which are big name Internet marketers. It does mean that after going through Perry Marshall's Display Advertising Bootcamp with Australian Internet marketer, Mike Rhodes and being a member of Perry Marshall's Mastermind Group (a great $99 a month investment) that I know what re-marketing is.

What I've learned through Perry is enough to insure that I won't get skewered when I hire a consultant or company to do work on line for me ever again.

Frankly the biggest thing I learned through Perry Marshall was who to hire as I add more Internet projects. If you own or control a business you should join his Mastermind group just to find really capable people committed to ethically helping clients achieve their goals in on line ventures.  I've even found very capable off line marketers that are subscribers.

But let's get back to Perry making more money without working harder...

Perry Marshall is in a comfort zone...the Internet, and he's incredibly successful within his comfort zone. However Perry is competing against a lot of brilliant people on line--some are direct competitors.

Meanwhile no one is selling any Internet marketing expertise on CNBC or Fox Business Network.  The person who does will then become the brand.  You can not build a brand on line.  You can on TV and it is an intrinsic free bonus benefit when you run DRTV ads.  Perry would also by virtue of running DRTV short form ads on CNBC and Fox Business Network, become the guy they call to appear live on Squawk Box or Neil Cavuto's show.  Joe Kernan and Melissa Francis would love Perry.

Finding people that run or control businesses on CNBC and FBN reminds me of the old saying, "if you want to catch fish you go where the fish are."

If Perry wants to get paid $50 million a year without working harder he should just get clients from CNBC and FBN that will give him stock options and fees.  There are a slew of companies that he could double in size, net and gross profit within 12 months.

With 60 second DRTV ads on CNBC and FBN Perry Marhsall could sell a book and get CEO's begging to speak with him.

Heck he could even qualify the ads with parameters saying, "this is only for public and private company CEO's that want to increase their sales and net profit by 20 percent or more in 12 months or less." (great take away isn't it?)  The cost per lead would skyrocket but he'd have super qualified leads.  If he wanted to add urgency say the offer is limited to the first ten CEO's that respond nationally.

You can buy DRTV ads on CNBC and FBN for a fraction of what you think even during the market hours. A close long time friend runs the largest DRTV agency in the world, the rates for New York City on CNBC while the market is open are less than a night at a nice hotel.

Perry Marshall would really do well on DRTV in the U.K.,  Australia, and Asia.

Why doesn't he do it?  Simple.  Just like an editing bay, TV or film set is comfortable for me, the Internet is comfortable for him.

The operative question here is are you floundering in your comfort zone?  Are you stuck and can't get out?

Perry is (thankfully) enamored with the 80/20 principle (20 percent of what you do makes 80 percent of your money).

If Perry Marshall  is bored with $200 an hour work, imagine how bored he'd be at $5,000 an hour work when he's making $100,000 an hour?

That sounds funny doesn't it?

Last week Carl Icahn made between $7 and $9 million an hour.  He bought a billion dollars worth of Apple stock and the stock popped by billions in valuation in 48 hours. Since he bought Netflix the company has skyrocketed and quadrupled in price.  His attorney is also my attorney.  Compared to me, Carl is an easy client.

There is a starving audience watching CNBC and Fox Business Network begging for help.  What's the difference with fixing public companies?  They have their own monetary system.  Trillions of dollars of stock trade hands daily and they do so globally.  Imagine if Perry Marshall throttled a company in value in 12 months and then imagine what happens to future public clients of Perry's when they announce they have retained Perry Marshall?  The stock pops by 5 to 10% on the announcement.

If Perry Marshall really wants to explode the 80/20 principle then leverage up to DRTV and fish where the fish are starving for food.

Again, just like me he has to get out of his comfort zone to expand his income without working harder.

If you're fat and happy, you're in your comfort zone and if you are happy with your comfort zone that's awesome but if you are like Perry Marshall questioning your value on a daily basis then get your best friend to kick you in the butt as hard as they can and get out of it NOW! Set a goal and put it on your bathroom mirror.

Tomorrow Perry is interviewing me for his Mastermind subscribers and I promise you I will share insights that I've never discussed before that will give you incredible value.  As a matter of fact I'll explicitly explain a new perspective that no one has disclosed on what I'm about to do on line and why I'm doing it.

I also wrote about this in detail at Brad Richdale Business and at http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2015/02/18/DC35046

                                                 written by  Brad Richdale Author

With extended video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNkNLbDzhQk and further commentary at http://vimeo.com/74422829